Quintess, LRW has launched a carbon neutral program to offset members' energy consumption in each of the club's 60+ luxury properties worldwide.
The destination club has partnered with Sustainable Travel International (STI), a non-profit organization in responsible tourism, to calculate the Carbon Footprint: the total carbon dioxide emissions associated with the internal operations of each home. The calculation includes:
-- Home electricity consumption expressed in kilowatt-hours or megawatt-hours on a month-to-month basis
-- Square footage of common areas
-- Total number of rooms
-- Average occupancy rates
-- Estimated total number of guests annually
"Nothing is required of the members as the contribution to STI is completely underwritten by Quintess." said Ben Addoms, Founder and EVP, Membership Development for Quintess, LRW.
Club members can also use the STI carbon calculator, to calculate how much would be needed to offset the carbon footprint from their travel beyond their stays in Club homes. As an example we tried a return flight for two from New York to Miami, which produced a carbon offset cost of $20.82 - offsetting 1.37 tons of CO2. A return flight for 2 people from San Francisco to London produced 6.61 tons, with an offset price of $100.68.
In what is starting to be a trend across the travel industry and amongst destination clubs, BelleHavens also launched a carbon neutral program a couple of months ago. This includes converting their homes to be more environmentally friendly and was initiated by a member suggestion for the club to become more energy efficient.
Image Quintess Cabo san Lucas Home
- Club Holdings Acquires Luxury Villa Rental Company Time & Place
- Quintess Launches 2 Year Club Card
- Quintess Expands Destinations, Adds New Memberships
- A Trip to Buenos Aires, Argentina
- A Private Chef in Tuscany
- Meeting the Gray Whales in Magdalena Bay
- Relaxing on St Martin
- Quintess Adds Nantucket, Fire Island and Buenos Aires
- Summer in Tuscany With a Private Chef
- New Trial Offer From the Quintess Collection
- Plenty of Space for Two Families
- Jackets Required at The French Laundry
Latest Destination Club Research
- Time is the Ultimate Luxury
- Top 5 Reasons NOT to Join a Destination Club
- The Top 7 Reasons to Join a Destination Club
- Increasing Interest in Purchasing Access to a Shared Vacation Home
- Destination Clubs - a Rose by Any Other Name?
- Newly Updated Guide to Destination Clubs
- Portico Club Overview
- New Research Identifies Key Factors in Choosing a Destination Club