Exclusive Resorts were one of the pioneers amongst destination clubs, launching their club about 10 years ago. Since then their 3,300+ members have been on over 150,000 vacations with the club. The organization is now under the leadership of Steve Case and former Euro Disney and Club Med Chairman and CEO Philippe Bourguignon. This new club, Portico, plans to use all this experience to offer members "all the advantages of luxury homes for their vacations, with reliable branded excellence to eliminate the uncertainty of villa rentals and other unpredictable vacation alternatives."
"By leveraging the expertise of Exclusive Resorts, Portico provides the answer for affluent travelers who want to vacation in consistently great luxury homes at great value, with the added benefit of full service that exceeds the finest resorts," said Exclusive Resorts Chairman Steve Case. "Our scale and extensive industry network mean that when you join, you get access to a curated portfolio of luxury properties unavailable to the public, at rates you would never be able to obtain on your own."
Portico Club members will enjoy assistance from a team of Exclusive Resorts-trained staff, including Dedicated Vacation Planners to provide travel recommendations and pre-trip planning, experienced onsite staff to handle all the details, and daily housekeeping, all at no additional cost. Members also enjoy access to a variety of amenities at prestigious world-class resorts, such as private beach clubs, spa and fitness facilities, golf courses, and more.
Portico currently offers more than 150 vacation homes in over 50 of the world's best beach, mountain, leisure and metropolitan destinations, with a target of 300 homes in 100 destinations by year's end. Locations include Bora Bora, Los Cabos, Bermuda, Nantucket, Lake Tahoe, Telluride, Chamonix, Palm Springs, Rancho Palos Verdes, Sonoma, Greece, Provence, and more. There are a wide variety of homes to suit every vacation, ranging from four-bedroom villas with private pools in Los Cabos; to three-bedroom, slopeside residences in Telluride; to two-bedroom bungalows over the water in Bora Bora. Each home will be vetted and verified under an expansive set of proprietary standards to ensure that every Portico vacation delivers world-class quality with maximum value.
Membership in Portico requires a one-time initiation fee of $10,000 and an annual membership fee of $2,500, which provides access to the new club's entire portfolio at prices up to 50% below market rates and that vary depending on the desired home, destination, and dates. Some examples of current starting prices include $675 per night for a 4 bedroom home in Telluride, $790 per night for a 3 bedroom home in Rancho Palos Verdes, California, $545 per night for a one bedroom on Nantucket. Members can travel as much or as little as they like, including peak holiday weeks, paying only for the nights they use. At the end of each membership year, they can renew by paying the annual membership fee, or walk away with no ongoing commitment. The club is currently offering a charter initiation fee of $5,000 for the first 500 members who join.
"The expert, hand-picked team we have assembled to operate Portico will ensure wonderful vacations for their members, and everyone who joins. Our extensive experience and track record will make Portico the clear choice for the best selection, best service, and best value in luxury home vacations, from day one." commented Exclusive Resorts CEO Philippe Bourguignon.
|< Prev||Next >|
- Ritz-Carlton Destination Club and Exclusive Resorts Partnership
- Tuscany Made Easy
- Tween Heaven in New York
- Inspirato Enters Major Partnership With American Express
- Perfection in Provence
- Going Above and Beyond in Abaco & Tuscany
- Hideaways Club and Exclusive Resorts Enter Alliance
- Inspirato Compared to Exclusive Resorts
- Exclusive Resorts Partners with Abercrombie & Kent
- Portico by Exclusive Resorts reaches 60 destinations
- Inspirato Launches Corporate Membership
- Inspirato Launches Jaunt Program for Last Minute Travels
- Inspirato compared to Portico
- Justin Halloran Joins Portico Club as Chief Executive Officer
- The 2013 Once in a Lifetime Tours From Exclusive Resorts
- Exclusive Resorts New Alliance With Banyan Tree Private Collection
- Inspirato – Luxury Home Rental and Vacation Club Expands
- A Review of Exclusive Resorts Prices & Membership Costs
- More Events & Experiences at Exclusive Resorts
- New Homes in Ireland and Deer Valley for Exclusive Resorts
- Philippe Bourguignon is the new CEO at Exclusive Resorts
- The Eden Club at St Andrews is Exclusive Resorts Newest Location
- Portico Club Overview
- Exclusive Resorts Offers Non-Refundable Membership Plans
- Sales Increase 50 Percent at Exclusive Resorts
- Exclusive Resorts Offers $10,000 Gift Card to New Members
- Once in a Lifetime Tour to Australia
- Exclusive Resorts Offers One Year Trial To Ultimate Members
- Exclusive Resorts Adds New Members
- Exclusive Resorts Offering Deferred Joining Fees
- Exclusive Resorts Once in a Lifetime Experiences for 2011
- Inspirato Club Overview
- Exclusive Resorts Opens Residences at Vdara Hotel & Spa in Las Vegas
- Exclusive Resorts Passes 100,000th Vacation, Adds New Equity Investment
- Steve Case On the Developments at Exclusive Resorts
- Jeff Potter Talks About Exclusive Resorts
- Exclusive Resorts Net Asset Test 2008
- Vacation Club Membership Plans Change at Exclusive Resorts
- Exclusive Resorts Expands "Once in a Lifetime" Program
- Exclusive Resorts Announces 10 Day Membership Plan
- Price Increase on the Way at Exclusive Resorts
- $1 Billion of Owned Homes for Exclusive Resorts
- Deferred Payment Option from Exclusive Resorts
- Exclusive Resorts Opens its Own Resort on Peninsula Papagayo
- Exclusive Resorts offers Enhanced Services
- Exclusive Resorts Overview
Latest Destination Club News
Latest Destination Club Research
- Top 5 Reasons NOT to Join a Destination Club
- The Top 7 Reasons to Join a Destination Club
- Increasing Interest in Purchasing Access to a Shared Vacation Home
- Destination Clubs - a Rose by Any Other Name?
- Newly Updated Guide to Destination Clubs
- Portico Club Overview
- New Research Identifies Key Factors in Choosing a Destination Club
- Destination club, it's like a luxury timeshare isn't it?