Last month, 100 members and guests of Exclusive Resorts returned home from Australia. This was the seventh and final continent visited through the clubs popular Once in a Lifetime program.
During their time "down under," they enjoyed much of what this faraway land has to offer, as well as the distinctive member camaraderie that makes these Once in a Lifetime journeys uniquely memorable.
The experience began in Sydney with biking and walking tours of the city, followed by a private visit and dinner at the Taronga Zoo. Day 2 brought a jolt of excitement — the inaugural Exclusive Resorts Once in a Lifetime Regatta! Guided by professional skippers, members crewed 10 sailboats in Sydney Harbor. And afterwards everyone sat down to a seafood feast with fresh lobster, oysters, calamari and fish, then met with the trip's dedicated professional photo coaches for a "7 Steps to Better Photos" photography class to prep for the next phase of the trip.
After a final day exploring Sydney, the group flew to Cairns, where they boarded the luxury yacht Orion for a members-only journey along the Great Barrier Reef, one of the Seven Natural Wonders of the World. An onboard naturalist was on hand to help reveal the region's amazing beauty and biodiversity, and members took advantage of a wide range of activities — including snorkeling and Zodiac boat tours — to do their own exploring. By all accounts the reef was amazing, and there were reports of giant clams five feet wide! Orion also took members to Stanley Island for a private tour of a renowned Aboriginal rock art gallery not open to the public, for their very own guided visit.
For a glimpse of some of the week's best moments, view the video above. As member David McKinnon noted, "We are in complete awe of having taken the greatest trip of our lives."
Destination club Exclusive Resorts introduced its "Once in a Lifetime" program several years ago. Members can choose from a range of trips each year including special adventures, trips for couple and trips for families. Several of the trips are arranged with partners such as the Smithsonian, National Geographic and Yachts of Seabourn. The 2011 program was announced earlier this year and includes travels to Patagonia, the Galapagos, Fiji, Tanzania and the Mediterranean.
|< Prev||Next >|
- Ritz-Carlton Destination Club and Exclusive Resorts Partnership
- Hideaways Club and Exclusive Resorts Enter Alliance
- Inspirato Compared to Exclusive Resorts
- Exclusive Resorts Partners with Abercrombie & Kent
- The 2013 Once in a Lifetime Tours From Exclusive Resorts
- Portico Club Launched by Exclusive Resorts
- Exclusive Resorts New Alliance With Banyan Tree Private Collection
- A Review of Exclusive Resorts Prices & Membership Costs
- More Events & Experiences at Exclusive Resorts
- New Homes in Ireland and Deer Valley for Exclusive Resorts
- Philippe Bourguignon is the new CEO at Exclusive Resorts
- The Eden Club at St Andrews is Exclusive Resorts Newest Location
- Exclusive Resorts Offers Non-Refundable Membership Plans
- Sales Increase 50 Percent at Exclusive Resorts
- Exclusive Resorts Offers $10,000 Gift Card to New Members
- Exclusive Resorts Offers One Year Trial To Ultimate Members
- Exclusive Resorts Adds New Members
- Exclusive Resorts Offering Deferred Joining Fees
- Exclusive Resorts Once in a Lifetime Experiences for 2011
- Exclusive Resorts Opens Residences at Vdara Hotel & Spa in Las Vegas
- Exclusive Resorts Passes 100,000th Vacation, Adds New Equity Investment
- Steve Case On the Developments at Exclusive Resorts
- Jeff Potter Talks About Exclusive Resorts
- Exclusive Resorts Net Asset Test 2008
- Vacation Club Membership Plans Change at Exclusive Resorts
- Exclusive Resorts Expands "Once in a Lifetime" Program
- Exclusive Resorts Announces 10 Day Membership Plan
- Price Increase on the Way at Exclusive Resorts
- $1 Billion of Owned Homes for Exclusive Resorts
- Deferred Payment Option from Exclusive Resorts
- Exclusive Resorts Opens its Own Resort on Peninsula Papagayo
- Exclusive Resorts offers Enhanced Services
- Exclusive Resorts Overview
Latest Destination Club News
Latest Destination Club Research
- Top 5 Reasons NOT to Join a Destination Club
- The Top 7 Reasons to Join a Destination Club
- Increasing Interest in Purchasing Access to a Shared Vacation Home
- Destination Clubs - a Rose by Any Other Name?
- Newly Updated Guide to Destination Clubs
- Portico Club Overview
- New Research Identifies Key Factors in Choosing a Destination Club
- Destination club, it's like a luxury timeshare isn't it?