The Canadian equity destination club, M Private Residences, is planning to end the secondary market it created for re-sales of member shares.
As an example the last share that sold was a 21 night A share which went for C$120,000 (US$93,000), compared to the price before the market was created of C$210,000. Using that great realtor cliché there are clearly some motivated sellers.
Michelle expected future sales to be slightly higher in the C$130k-C$140k range, since the other sellers are not quite so motivated. The secondary market is due to close March 31, 2009.
While M Private has about 25 members on its resignation list, most of them are still traveling and do not have any urgency to sell, but want to keep their options open and maintain their spot on the list. Michelle thought that only a handful really want the liquidity of a share sale.
|< Prev||Next >|
- M Private Residences Approves Sunset Provision
- M Private Residences Invests in Rocksure Fund
- M Private Residences Lowers Dues 25%
- M Private Residences & Rocksure Property Reciprocity Agreement
- M Private Member Review
- M Private Residences Relaunches
- M Private Lowers Annual Dues and Adds Home in La Quinta
- Lower Prices, Free Travel and More at M Private Residences
- Members at M Private Residences do Plenty of Travelling
- M Private Now Shareholder Owned And Operated
- Shareholders Contribute to M Private Changes
- M Private Residences Adds Homes in Victoria, BC
- M Private Residences Now Has Over 100 Members
- M Private Residences Overview
Latest Destination Club News
Latest Destination Club Research
- Top 5 Reasons NOT to Join a Destination Club
- The Top 7 Reasons to Join a Destination Club
- Increasing Interest in Purchasing Access to a Shared Vacation Home
- Destination Clubs - a Rose by Any Other Name?
- Newly Updated Guide to Destination Clubs
- Portico Club Overview
- New Research Identifies Key Factors in Choosing a Destination Club
- Destination club, it's like a luxury timeshare isn't it?