Equity Estates just announced a multi-million dollar investment from Canadian based Luxus Group. The purchase of member interests marks the largest international transaction for Atlanta-based Equity Estates, and continues the trend of partnerships and cross investments between equity destination clubs.
"We are proud to welcome Luxus to our Equity Estates family. Their shared interest in first class vacations, high level service and a sound fiscal business model are qualities we have long admired of each other's companies," said CEO and Equity Estates Co-Founder, Philip Mekelburg. "We look forward to many years of appreciating luxury residences."
"We thought it was a great opportunity to present our Elite fund members with access and ownership to some of the most amazing properties in the industry," said Stephen Petasky, Founder and President of Luxus Group.
Equity Estates announced the sell out of its first fund earlier this year, and also launched its second fund – the "Lone Star Fund". Similarly Luxus closed its first fund to new investors this year and opened a new higher end fund called the "Elite Collection".
Many of the equity destination clubs, or luxury residence funds, have partnerships with each other that let each other's members use their homes. This just works for all concerned – members have access to more properties with the same high levels of service – and the clubs can offer these additional locations without raising extra funds. For instance North American focused Equity Estates also has a reciprocity partnership with European focused Hideaways Club.
|< Prev||Next >|
- Luxus Premiere Collection Reaches Sell Out
- Equity Estates Adds Kiawah Home
- Midtown Manhattan Penthouse Addition for Equity Estates
- Equity Estates Launches the Lone Star Fund
- Luxus Vacation Properties Launches Elite Collection
- Making the Most of Vacation Time
- Equity Estates Announces Sell Out of Fund I by May 1, 2012
- An Equity Estates Owner Talks About Membership
- Things to do in San Diego with Young Kids
- The Glass House, Costa Rica
- Cabo Paradise at your Fingertips
- Fabulous Florence
- Amazing Day in Turks & Caicos
- Luxus Vacation Properties Expands to Tuscany
- Young Kids and Deer Valley Grand Lodge
- Third Consecutive Year of 50% Growth for Equity Estates
- Return trip to Hilton Head
- Equity Estates Forecasting Continued Growth
- Equity Estates Partners With Jack & Jill Cancer Charity
- Dennis Rasmussen Joins Equity Estates as VP Investor Relations
- New Homes for Equity Estates
- Hideaways Club and Equity Estates Enter Reciprocity Agreement
- Equity Estates Grows 50% in 2009
- Equity Estates Adds Two Residences
- Equity Estates Forms Member Council
- La Jolla and New York Home Additions for Equity Estates
- Hilton Head Island Added to Equity Estates Homes
- Vacation Home Fund Luxus Grows from Canada
- Equity Estates Update With Philip Mekelburg
- A Solid Foundation for Equity Estates, LLC Fund 1
- Luxus Vacation Properties
- Equity Estates Overview
Latest Destination Club News
Latest Destination Club Research
- Top 5 Reasons NOT to Join a Destination Club
- The Top 7 Reasons to Join a Destination Club
- Increasing Interest in Purchasing Access to a Shared Vacation Home
- Destination Clubs - a Rose by Any Other Name?
- Newly Updated Guide to Destination Clubs
- Portico Club Overview
- New Research Identifies Key Factors in Choosing a Destination Club
- Destination club, it's like a luxury timeshare isn't it?