The luxury vacation club has just announced that its new brand name will be "Inspirato with American Express." The club is still available to all consumers but there are special offers and benefits to American Express Cardmembers.
Inspirato was launched in 2011 and has attracted more than 3,000 members since its inception. The club is backed by some prestigious private equity partners including Kleiner Perkins Caufield & Byers and Institutional Venture Partners. As part of this new partnership, American Express will also have an equity position in the club.
"Inspirato and American Express share a similar passion for creating exceptional experiences for members, and delivering best-in-class service. This partnership is an opportunity for us to introduce consumers to an innovative concept in luxury travel, offer American Express Cardmembers special benefits, and share in the future success of Inspirato," said Eric Feldstein, executive vice president, Enterprise Growth, American Express.
The clubs homes are exclusively managed by Inspirato and average $3.6 million in value. Members pay an initial fee and low annual dues then pay members-only nightly rates. As with other destination clubs, members enjoy personalized pre-trip vacation planning and on-site concierge services.
"Our club is specifically designed for people who want the spaciousness and privacy of a multimillion-dollar villa while on vacation but are not willing to sacrifice the five-star service received at the finest hotels," explains Brent Handler, Inspirato's co-founder and CEO. "Our members are not scouring the Internet looking for the least expensive online rental. They place high value on the peace of mind that comes from vacationing with a private club."
Inspirato provides different membership options, for consumers to customize their personal travel needs and corporate memberships for businesses to use the club for company retreats, incentive reward trips and event planning services. American Express Cardmembers will receive $2,500 off the club's one-time initiation fee for any membership type, and $400 off the club's annual membership fee when paying with their American Express Card.
"We are excited to partner with American Express, a company with world-class marketing capabilities and brand expertise, as we look to grow the club's membership options and enhance our vacation experiences," said Brent Handler.
- Inspirato With American Express Adds 17 Options to Signature Collection
- An Interview with Brent Handler of Inspirato
- Off the Charts Anguilla Villa
- Inspirato and Portico Combine Creating the Largest Destination Club
- Relaxing in Snowmass, Colorado
- Simple Fun in Rosemary Beach
- Relaxing on Nantucket
- Overview of Inspirato Homes and Costs
- Relaxing in Punta Mita, Mexico
- Inspirato Becomes Largest Destination Club. Welcomes 4,000th Member.
- Vacation Authenticity
- Tuscany Made Easy
Latest Destination Club News
Latest Destination Club Research
- The Pain of Owning a Vacation Home
- Time is the Ultimate Luxury
- Top 5 Reasons NOT to Join a Destination Club
- The Top 7 Reasons to Join a Destination Club
- Increasing Interest in Purchasing Access to a Shared Vacation Home
- Destination Clubs - a Rose by Any Other Name?
- Newly Updated Guide to Destination Clubs
- New Research Identifies Key Factors in Choosing a Destination Club