The London based equity destination club and property investment company recently added a very experienced CEO to oversee the company and it's continuing growth.
The Hideaways Club launched its villa fund in 2007 and more recently added a fund offering city based apartments. Just like other equity destination clubs the members have equity ownership in a global portfolio of high-end luxury properties and membership of a private Club. Members travel arrangements are all overseen by a private concierge service, which makes vacations and trips truly hassle free. since launch, the total membership has grown to well over 300 individuals and families.
Iain brings experience and business expertise to the role having previously held a number of top managerial positions in a range of growth companies. In 1990 he founded and ultimately floated the GB Group plc, a specialist database and data management company, and in 1996 he founded Alterian plc, a company that specialises in the design and development of software marketing tools which he floated in 2000. Additional businesses with which he was involved were CEO of the Loewy Group, a board member of the Direct Marketing Association and has held non-executive roles for a number of fast growth marketing and technology businesses. Currently Iain is non-executive Chairman of Event Marketing Solutions and non-executive Director of Active Risk plc and InternetQ plc.
Commenting on his appointment Iain said, "I have been greatly impressed by The Hideaways Club both in terms of the product and the personnel. The company has achieved a huge amount in a short period during what is one of the worst financial and economic climates for many years. This in itself underlines the quality and demand for the Hideaways product. I am thrilled at the prospect of helping this exciting company to build on its current success and to establish a strong platform for further growth and development as a global force in the market."
Mike Balfour, Chairman and co-Founder of The Hideaways Club noted, "We are delighted that Iain has taken on this role at such an exciting time in the company's development. He joins us after many years' experience successfully expanding a range of young, high growth companies similar to The Hideaways Club. Last year we enjoyed our best year to date with a substantial increase in both membership and properties, and we greatly look forward to working closely with Iain as we continue to build and expand our operation."
Through its two funds, Hideaways offers access to approximately 80 residences around the world.
- Hideaways Club and Exclusive Resorts Enter Alliance
- Tomas Berdych Becomes an Ambassador for Hideaways Club
- Hideaways Club Expands City Collection with New Homes and New Members
- Formula 1 Driver Nick Heidfeld Signs Up With The Hideaways Club
- The Hideaways Club Adds Homes in Italy & Spain
- Hideaways Club City Collection to Own Apartments Around the World
- Two New Villas in South of France for Hideaways Club
- The Hideaways Club Adds New Homes in Ibiza & Portugal
- The Hideaways Club Partners with Shangri-La Hotels and Etihad Airways
- Banyan Tree Collection and Hideaways Club Enter Reciprocity Agreement
- Hideaways Club and Equity Estates Enter Reciprocity Agreement
- The Hideaways Club Expands Portfolio
Latest Destination Club Research
- Time is the Ultimate Luxury
- Top 5 Reasons NOT to Join a Destination Club
- The Top 7 Reasons to Join a Destination Club
- Increasing Interest in Purchasing Access to a Shared Vacation Home
- Destination Clubs - a Rose by Any Other Name?
- Newly Updated Guide to Destination Clubs
- Portico Club Overview
- New Research Identifies Key Factors in Choosing a Destination Club