|Initial Membership Fee (highest)||£250,000|
|Annual Dues (highest)||£14,000|
|# Nights||varies, see below|
|% Membership Refundable||equity|
|Refund Basis||3 in 1 out|
|# of homes||42+|
|# of locations||36+|
|Members per Home||6:1|
|% Homes owned||100%|
If you're seriously considering joining The Hideaways Club then download "Destination Clubs: A Guide for Prospective Members". The free Guide will give you an in-depth view of the different clubs including their homes, services and questions to consider prior to joining. It will help you compare Hideaways to all the other clubs and equity funds. We do ask you to register to download this Guide, but you'll find it puts everything in one place and has been widely praised over the years we've published it.
The Hideaways Club is a global equity destination club, which officially launched its first fund, the Classic Collection, in 2007. The club buys luxury villas throughout the world, with an average value of £1.3m+ ($2.0m) and typically a minimum of 4 to 5 bedrooms all with ensuite bathrooms. It's second fund, the City Collection, launched in 2011, and buys apartments in the worlds most sought after cities.
There are currently three membership levels for the Classic Fund, with the highest level having an initial fee of £250,000 ($400k, at a 1.60 exchange rate) and an annual fee of £14,000 ($22k, at a 1.60 exchange rate). As a member you own a share of the company that holds all the properties for the club. The shares are revalued periodically based on the value of the property portfolio and the demand for the shares. There is a minimum initial membership period of three years. When a member sells a share there is a 5% sales fee and the member receives 80% of the capital gain.
Usage of the clubs properties is based on a points system depending on when you book your time eg for Peak and Off Peak times. Each member receives a number of points a year as part of their membership and then may buy additional points for £767 ($1,200) each. Members also have access to additional homes and locations through reciprocal arrangements with other similar clubs including Equity Estates and Banyan Tree Resorts.
The club will maintain a shares to home ratio of 6:1 and expects an occupancy rate of 40% to 45% for the properties. Its target is to have 100 properties and 600 members in the Classic Collection and another 120 properties in the City Collection.
You can start to compare Hideaways to the other clubs at this compare luxury travel clubs page.
|< Prev||Next >|
- Hideaways Club and Exclusive Resorts Enter Alliance
- Iain Johnston appointed CEO of The Hideaways Club
- Tomas Berdych Becomes an Ambassador for Hideaways Club
- Hideaways Club Expands City Collection with New Homes and New Members
- Formula 1 Driver Nick Heidfeld Signs Up With The Hideaways Club
- The Hideaways Club Adds Homes in Italy & Spain
- Hideaways Club City Collection to Own Apartments Around the World
- Two New Villas in South of France for Hideaways Club
- The Hideaways Club Adds New Homes in Ibiza & Portugal
- The Hideaways Club Partners with Shangri-La Hotels and Etihad Airways
- Banyan Tree Collection and Hideaways Club Enter Reciprocity Agreement
- The Hideaways Club Expands Portfolio
- Tennis Player, Tim Henman, joins The Hideaways Club
- The Hideaways Club Has Officially Launched
- New Destination Club About to Launch in Europe
Latest Destination Club News
Latest Destination Club Research
- Top 5 Reasons NOT to Join a Destination Club
- The Top 7 Reasons to Join a Destination Club
- Increasing Interest in Purchasing Access to a Shared Vacation Home
- Destination Clubs - a Rose by Any Other Name?
- Newly Updated Guide to Destination Clubs
- Portico Club Overview
- New Research Identifies Key Factors in Choosing a Destination Club
- Destination club, it's like a luxury timeshare isn't it?