"Much like Exclusive Resorts, Abercrombie & Kent is an iconic brand with a legendary reputation in the industry for impeccable service, premier access and one-of-a-kind travel experiences," says Philippe Bourguignon, CEO of Exclusive Resorts. "It is a natural fit and expands our ability to deliver once-in-a-lifetime experiences to our members and further reinforces our position as leaders in the luxury travel marketplace. With this new partnership, Exclusive Resorts members will enjoy even more destinations, more choice, private and post-trip travel programming and a new group of travelers to grow with the club over the next decade."
Members of both clubs will have access to the combined portfolio of the two clubs which will number more than 350 luxury residences in more than 60 international destinations. The two sets of members will be able to use each other's residences starting in January 2013. As Exclusive Resorts' Worldwide Travel Experience Provider, Abercrombie & Kent will lend its expertise and global reach to existing Exclusive Resorts' Exclusive Journey and Exclusive Immersion programming creating once-in-a-lifetime travel experiences for new and existing members.
Intended locations for the 2014 roster of Exclusive Journeys led by Abercrombie & Kent include: Alaska, Japan, Kenya, Morocco, Burma and Turkey. With a global slate that ranges from relaxing to adventurous, the ever-changing joint collection of experiences ensures all of the details are taken care of so members can explore safely, broadly, luxuriously and completely unhindered.
"This strategic partnership gives us the opportunity to focus on what we do best: delivering seamless travel experiences," explains Abercrombie & Kent founder, chairman and CEO Geoffrey Kent. "Our 50 offices around the world have deep roots and long-established relationships that enable us to deliver experiences unlike any other travel company."
The transaction between Exclusive Resorts and the Abercrombie & Kent Residence Club was subject to the approval of A&K Residence Club members. Member approval was obtained on November 19, 2012.
A&K Residence Club members collectively own the homes that are part of the club and this is not changing as part of this partnership. Exclusive Resorts informed us that "Our long term expectation is that A&K Residence Club members will likely decide as a group to sell many of the A&K homes and receive proceeds. At that time, after they have traveled with Exclusive Resorts and understand the quality of vacations we provide, Exclusive Resorts will offer them the right to join Exclusive Resorts as members by paying a membership fee."
|< Prev||Next >|
- Ritz-Carlton Destination Club and Exclusive Resorts Partnership
- Hideaways Club and Exclusive Resorts Enter Alliance
- Inspirato Compared to Exclusive Resorts
- The 2013 Once in a Lifetime Tours From Exclusive Resorts
- Portico Club Launched by Exclusive Resorts
- Exclusive Resorts New Alliance With Banyan Tree Private Collection
- A Review of Exclusive Resorts Prices & Membership Costs
- More Events & Experiences at Exclusive Resorts
- New Homes in Ireland and Deer Valley for Exclusive Resorts
- Philippe Bourguignon is the new CEO at Exclusive Resorts
- The Eden Club at St Andrews is Exclusive Resorts Newest Location
- Exclusive Resorts Offers Non-Refundable Membership Plans
- Sales Increase 50 Percent at Exclusive Resorts
- Exclusive Resorts Offers $10,000 Gift Card to New Members
- Once in a Lifetime Tour to Australia
- Exclusive Resorts Offers One Year Trial To Ultimate Members
- Exclusive Resorts Adds New Members
- Exclusive Resorts Offering Deferred Joining Fees
- Exclusive Resorts Once in a Lifetime Experiences for 2011
- Exclusive Resorts Opens Residences at Vdara Hotel & Spa in Las Vegas
- Exclusive Resorts Passes 100,000th Vacation, Adds New Equity Investment
- Steve Case On the Developments at Exclusive Resorts
- Jeff Potter Talks About Exclusive Resorts
- Exclusive Resorts Net Asset Test 2008
- Vacation Club Membership Plans Change at Exclusive Resorts
- Exclusive Resorts Expands "Once in a Lifetime" Program
- Exclusive Resorts Announces 10 Day Membership Plan
- Price Increase on the Way at Exclusive Resorts
- $1 Billion of Owned Homes for Exclusive Resorts
- Deferred Payment Option from Exclusive Resorts
- Exclusive Resorts Opens its Own Resort on Peninsula Papagayo
- Exclusive Resorts offers Enhanced Services
- Exclusive Resorts Overview
Latest Destination Club News
Latest Destination Club Research
- Top 5 Reasons NOT to Join a Destination Club
- The Top 7 Reasons to Join a Destination Club
- Increasing Interest in Purchasing Access to a Shared Vacation Home
- Destination Clubs - a Rose by Any Other Name?
- Newly Updated Guide to Destination Clubs
- Portico Club Overview
- New Research Identifies Key Factors in Choosing a Destination Club
- Destination club, it's like a luxury timeshare isn't it?