In a new move among Destination Clubs, Exclusive Resorts has just opened its own members-only resort at Peninsula Papagayo on the north Pacific coast of Costa Rica. This exclusive peninsula offers a wealth of luxury amenities and access to Costa Rica's amazing wildlife.
Named "Poro Poro", the resort currently has 10 glass-front, 4,000-square-foot luxury homes with another 11 residences due to open this summer. Each of the free-standing, ocean-facing residences sits on almost one acre of land and offers views of the ocean and forest. The four-bedroom, four-bath homes are luxuriously equipped and include generous outdoor living spaces with outdoor showers and private, infinity-edge pools and whirlpools.
The centerpiece of Poro Poro is the 20,000-square-foot member club house, which features casual grill dining, a French-trained chef, adult's and children's pools, a game room for kids, a fitness facility and a member lounge.
Poro Poro is the first of seven premier resort developments scheduled to open for Exclusive Resorts members in 2007 and 2008. The other developments are in Grand Cayman; Vail, Colorado; Kapalua Bay, Maui; Ho'olei, Wailea, Maui; Anguilla, British West Indies; and continued expansion in Tuscany, Italy. Exclusive Resorts is already unique among destination clubs by having several destinations where it owns multiple residences. This helps to ensure that it's members can always visit the destination of their choice at the time they desire. These new developments will expand the company's portfolio to more than 400 luxury residences.
The 2,300-acre Peninsula Papagayo continues to develop as a luxury destination. It offers 31 separate beaches of white, coral, gray and black sands along 15 miles of coastline. It also has an Arnold Palmer Signature golf course with a Jack Nicklaus Design course due to open in 2008. Costa Rica is also a nature lovers paradise, with greater biodiversity than either Europe or North America. It boasts 9,000 species of plants, 200 mammals and 850 species of birds, making it a fascinating place for walks, hikes and just exploring nature.
With all these attractions other luxury developments on the peninsula include a Four Seasons Private Residence Club and several private villas.
Papagayo is just 30 minutes from the Daniel Oduber International Airport (LIR) in Liberia, which is easily accessible by private plane and which also has direct commercial flights from Newark, Charlotte, Dallas, Houston, Chicago, Atlanta and Miami.
- Exclusive Resorts offers Enhanced Services
- Exclusive Resorts Overview
- Deferred Payment Option from Exclusive Resorts
- $1 Billion of Owned Homes for Exclusive Resorts
- Price Increase on the Way at Exclusive Resorts
- Exclusive Resorts Announces 10 Day Membership Plan
- Exclusive Resorts Expands "Once in a Lifetime" Program
- Vacation Club Membership Plans Change at Exclusive Resorts
- Ultimate Escapes Expands to Costa Rica
- Exclusive Resorts Net Asset Test 2008
- Jeff Potter Talks About Exclusive Resorts
- Steve Case On the Developments at Exclusive Resorts
Latest Destination Club Research
- Who Joins a Destination Club – The Demographics
- Guide to Destination Clubs Has Been Updated
- The Pain of Owning a Vacation Home
- Time is the Ultimate Luxury
- Destination Clubs - Should I Rent or Buy?
- Top 5 Reasons NOT to Join a Destination Club
- The Top 7 Reasons to Join a Destination Club
- Increasing Interest in Purchasing Access to a Shared Vacation Home