In a new move among Destination Clubs, Exclusive Resorts has just opened its own members-only resort at Peninsula Papagayo on the north Pacific coast of Costa Rica. This exclusive peninsula offers a wealth of luxury amenities and access to Costa Rica's amazing wildlife.
Named "Poro Poro", the resort currently has 10 glass-front, 4,000-square-foot luxury homes with another 11 residences due to open this summer. Each of the free-standing, ocean-facing residences sits on almost one acre of land and offers views of the ocean and forest. The four-bedroom, four-bath homes are luxuriously equipped and include generous outdoor living spaces with outdoor showers and private, infinity-edge pools and whirlpools.
The centerpiece of Poro Poro is the 20,000-square-foot member club house, which features casual grill dining, a French-trained chef, adult's and children's pools, a game room for kids, a fitness facility and a member lounge.
Poro Poro is the first of seven premier resort developments scheduled to open for Exclusive Resorts members in 2007 and 2008. The other developments are in Grand Cayman; Vail, Colorado; Kapalua Bay, Maui; Ho'olei, Wailea, Maui; Anguilla, British West Indies; and continued expansion in Tuscany, Italy. Exclusive Resorts is already unique among destination clubs by having several destinations where it owns multiple residences. This helps to ensure that it's members can always visit the destination of their choice at the time they desire. These new developments will expand the company's portfolio to more than 400 luxury residences.
The 2,300-acre Peninsula Papagayo continues to develop as a luxury destination. It offers 31 separate beaches of white, coral, gray and black sands along 15 miles of coastline. It also has an Arnold Palmer Signature golf course with a Jack Nicklaus Design course due to open in 2008. Costa Rica is also a nature lovers paradise, with greater biodiversity than either Europe or North America. It boasts 9,000 species of plants, 200 mammals and 850 species of birds, making it a fascinating place for walks, hikes and just exploring nature.
With all these attractions other luxury developments on the peninsula include a Four Seasons Private Residence Club and several private villas.
Papagayo is just 30 minutes from the Daniel Oduber International Airport (LIR) in Liberia, which is easily accessible by private plane and which also has direct commercial flights from Newark, Charlotte, Dallas, Houston, Chicago, Atlanta and Miami.
|< Prev||Next >|
- Ritz-Carlton Destination Club and Exclusive Resorts Partnership
- Hideaways Club and Exclusive Resorts Enter Alliance
- Inspirato Compared to Exclusive Resorts
- Exclusive Resorts Partners with Abercrombie & Kent
- The 2013 Once in a Lifetime Tours From Exclusive Resorts
- Portico Club Launched by Exclusive Resorts
- Exclusive Resorts New Alliance With Banyan Tree Private Collection
- A Review of Exclusive Resorts Prices & Membership Costs
- More Events & Experiences at Exclusive Resorts
- New Homes in Ireland and Deer Valley for Exclusive Resorts
- Philippe Bourguignon is the new CEO at Exclusive Resorts
- The Eden Club at St Andrews is Exclusive Resorts Newest Location
- The Glass House, Costa Rica
- New Private Residence Club in Costa Rica
- Exclusive Resorts Offers Non-Refundable Membership Plans
- Sales Increase 50 Percent at Exclusive Resorts
- Exclusive Resorts Offers $10,000 Gift Card to New Members
- Once in a Lifetime Tour to Australia
- Exclusive Resorts Offers One Year Trial To Ultimate Members
- Exclusive Resorts Adds New Members
- Exclusive Resorts Offering Deferred Joining Fees
- Exclusive Resorts Once in a Lifetime Experiences for 2011
- Exclusive Resorts Opens Residences at Vdara Hotel & Spa in Las Vegas
- Exclusive Resorts Passes 100,000th Vacation, Adds New Equity Investment
- Steve Case On the Developments at Exclusive Resorts
- Jeff Potter Talks About Exclusive Resorts
- Exclusive Resorts Net Asset Test 2008
- Ultimate Escapes Expands to Costa Rica
- Vacation Club Membership Plans Change at Exclusive Resorts
- Exclusive Resorts Expands "Once in a Lifetime" Program
- Exclusive Resorts Announces 10 Day Membership Plan
- Price Increase on the Way at Exclusive Resorts
- $1 Billion of Owned Homes for Exclusive Resorts
- Deferred Payment Option from Exclusive Resorts
- Exclusive Resorts offers Enhanced Services
- Exclusive Resorts Overview
Latest Destination Club News
Latest Destination Club Research
- Top 5 Reasons NOT to Join a Destination Club
- The Top 7 Reasons to Join a Destination Club
- Increasing Interest in Purchasing Access to a Shared Vacation Home
- Destination Clubs - a Rose by Any Other Name?
- Newly Updated Guide to Destination Clubs
- Portico Club Overview
- New Research Identifies Key Factors in Choosing a Destination Club
- Destination club, it's like a luxury timeshare isn't it?