Destination club, Exclusive Resorts recently announced the 2011 collection of experiences for its Once in a Lifetime program. Now continuing into its 4th year this program takes club members on adventure excursions, cruises, and journeys in remote corners of the world.
Since its inception, more than 2,000 Exclusive Resorts members and their guests have taken trips to more than 30 countries and six continents with the program, including experiences in Bhutan, Antarctica, Kenya, and Argentina, as well as luxury members-only cruises in the Mediterranean. And this year, the program will reach the seventh continent when they take members to Australia for a signature experience exploring Sydney and the Great Barrier Reef aboard a private expedition vessel.
Exclusive Resorts partners with leading travel experts and tour operators, including National Geographic and Lindblad Expeditions, the Smithsonian Institution, Natural Habitat Adventures, Yachts of Seabourn, and Blue Parallel, to offer these experiences. "Our members continue to tell us they want every vacation they take to be an Exclusive Resorts vacation, so we're pleased to bring them more and more of the world each year through this custom-designed program." said Jeff Potter, CEO of Exclusive Resorts.
The 2011 program consists of:
- Tanzania: Ngorongoro, the Serengeti, and Lupita Island. Track elusive and exotic wildlife through the Ngorongoro Crater and the Serengeti during East Africa's renowned Great Migration, participating in an authentic archeological excavation during your journey.
- Galapagos: Family Expedition at Sea. Explore the mysteries of the Galapagos, observing some of the rarest wildlife on earth and encountering everything from the aptly named Blue-footed Booby to playful seals and inquisitive dolphins.
- Mediterranean Cruise: Istanbul to Athens. Sail aboard Seabourn's newest luxury yacht, visiting some of the most stunning and historically significant ports in the Eastern Mediterranean.
- British Isles & Ireland: Naturalist & Golf Voyage at Sea. Discover the natural and cultural wonders of England, Scotland, and Ireland, challenging your skills on some of the region's most exceptional golf courses along the way.
- California Wine Country: Bicycling, Hiking & Wine Tasting. Savor the unique wine country lifestyle, bicycling from vineyard to vineyard to taste the region's most exquisite vintages by day, then staying in the finest accommodations in the area by night.
- French Countryside: Authentic Villa Escapes. Gather with family and friends and settle into the relaxed rhythm of life in rural France, enjoying a rich cultural experience and, of course, excellent food and wine.
- Fiji: Wakaya Club & Spa. Experience the ultimate island paradise, refreshing your spirit with indulgent spa treatments, diving on some of the world's most exceptional reefs, and luxuriating in the peaceful perfection of this private island retreat.
- Patagonia: Authentic Andean Villa Retreats. Escape with your family and friends to Patagonia, where the warmly welcoming Argentine culture meets breathtaking views of the surrounding Andes and endless opportunities to explore the great outdoors.
Members pay incremental charges for each of these trips. These typically vary between about $300-$500 per person per night. The main portfolio of Exclusive Resorts homes consists of nearly 400 homes in 37 destinations, so these Once in a Lifetime trips add additional destinations and experiences for their members.
Other destination clubs also offer additional travel options over and above their main luxury residences. Members at Abercrombie & Kent Residence Club can exchange some of their membership nights for travel on the parent company, Abercrombie & Kent's, tours, they can also use some European villas and boutique hotels. Ultimate Escapes members can exchange some membership nights for travel to over 130 luxury hotels around the world. Members of Quintess, LRW can enjoy "Q Leading Experiences" which are arranged in partnership with The Leading Hotels of the World.
- Ritz-Carlton Destination Club and Exclusive Resorts Partnership
- Hideaways Club and Exclusive Resorts Enter Alliance
- Inspirato Compared to Exclusive Resorts
- Exclusive Resorts Partners with Abercrombie & Kent
- The 2013 Once in a Lifetime Tours From Exclusive Resorts
- Portico Club Launched by Exclusive Resorts
- Exclusive Resorts New Alliance With Banyan Tree Private Collection
- A Review of Exclusive Resorts Prices & Membership Costs
- More Events & Experiences at Exclusive Resorts
- New Homes in Ireland and Deer Valley for Exclusive Resorts
- Philippe Bourguignon is the new CEO at Exclusive Resorts
- The Eden Club at St Andrews is Exclusive Resorts Newest Location
Latest Destination Club Research
- Time is the Ultimate Luxury
- Top 5 Reasons NOT to Join a Destination Club
- The Top 7 Reasons to Join a Destination Club
- Increasing Interest in Purchasing Access to a Shared Vacation Home
- Destination Clubs - a Rose by Any Other Name?
- Newly Updated Guide to Destination Clubs
- Portico Club Overview
- New Research Identifies Key Factors in Choosing a Destination Club