|Initial Membership Fee (highest)||625,000|
|Annual Dues (highest)||35,000|
|# Nights (highest)||varies - see below|
|% Membership Refundable||Equity|
|Refund Basis||1 in 1 out|
|# of homes||3|
|# of locations||3|
|Members per Home||6:1|
|% Homes owned||100%|
If you're seriously considering joining a destination club then download "Destination Clubs: A Guide for Prospective Members". The Guide will give you an in-depth view of the different clubs including their homes, services and questions to consider prior to joining.
Botiga was planning to be an ultra luxury equity destination club based in the UK, but it never really got going. The founding team were also the founders of the luxury ski chalet company, Descent which filed for bankruptcy in 2009.The club planned to have three types of residences:
- Botiga Retreats - fully staffed, private, spacious residences
- Botiga Lodges - boutique, members-only hotels, in unique locations
- Botiga City Retreats - apartments in urban locations
Each "Retreat" would of had a resident manager who runs a full complement of professionally trained staff including chef, chauffeur, housekeeper and maids. The club had delayed its launch until property markets start to stabilise but with the collapse of it's parent, has now closed.
Members were to use a points system which varied by season and by home.
Latest Destination Club Research
- Time is the Ultimate Luxury
- Top 5 Reasons NOT to Join a Destination Club
- The Top 7 Reasons to Join a Destination Club
- Increasing Interest in Purchasing Access to a Shared Vacation Home
- Destination Clubs - a Rose by Any Other Name?
- Newly Updated Guide to Destination Clubs
- Portico Club Overview
- New Research Identifies Key Factors in Choosing a Destination Club