Each year the destination club designs a custom collection of "Once in a Lifetime" experiences. Their goal with these trips is turning "we've always wanted to" dreams into a lifetime of memories.
Members of Exclusive Resorts use their member plan days to pay for these tours, and usually pay an extra per diem which varies by the trip. The portfolio for 2013 includes:
Bali, Borneo and Singapore
The spiritual and adventurous expedition starts in Bali, with members staying at the Four Seasons. The trip to the local market with the Four Seasons chef helps members learn about the local ingredients before an interactive cooking class. In Borneo, the accommodation is a cabin on board Orion, a comfortably outfitted expedition ship, and highlights include trips to Orangutan research and care centers, together with snorkeling in national marine reserves. The tour ends in Singapore, with a stay at the inimitable Raffles Hotel (pictured above) and sipping a Singapore Sling.
This cultural journey by private plane starts in Delhi and takes in Varanasi, Agra and the Taj Mahal, the tiger reserve at Bandhavgarh National Park, with stays in the pink city of Jaipur and the lake palace at Udaipur. The whole trip is in the company local experts who provide ongoing insights to this diverse country.
This African adventure starts in Johannesburg, but really gets exciting after members fly up to Botswana to stay at the Jao Camp in the Okavango Delta. Elephants, hippos, wildebeest and zebra are just a few of the animals that can be seen, either in walking tours or on boat tours including in traditional dug out canoes. The second part of the adventure is at the private Linyanti Game Reserve, home to lion prides, giraffe, leopards and spotted hyenas. Local expert conservationists provide lectures on the natural shifts and influences affecting the reserve.
Argentina & Chile
The journey begins in Buenos Aires, and includes private tango lessons, guided tours and a private dinner at one of the cities best restaurants. In Mendoza, home of the Malbec grape, members enjoy a guided wine tour and a private introduction to the wines of the region. In Chile members explore the Atacama Desert, the driest desert on earth and finish the trip in Santiago, with private tours of the city and relaxing at the Ritz-Carlton.
Others include a trip exploring the National Parks in Utah, an enchanting family friendly journey around Ireland, a colorful and cultural journey through Vietnam, Cambodia and Laos.
While the destination clubs own homes are the core part of the overall offering for members, the club has expanded the services it provides. In addition to staying at the club homes, members of Exclusive Resorts can enjoy these Once in a Lifetime trips, special member experiences, such as Superbowl access, stays at partner accommodation, for example through it's partnership with Banyan Tree.
Some of the other destination clubs such as Quintess and Abercrombie and Kent Residence Club also offer unique trips for their members.
- Ritz-Carlton Destination Club and Exclusive Resorts Partnership
- Hideaways Club and Exclusive Resorts Enter Alliance
- Inspirato Compared to Exclusive Resorts
- Exclusive Resorts Partners with Abercrombie & Kent
- Portico Club Launched by Exclusive Resorts
- Exclusive Resorts New Alliance With Banyan Tree Private Collection
- A Review of Exclusive Resorts Prices & Membership Costs
- More Events & Experiences at Exclusive Resorts
- New Homes in Ireland and Deer Valley for Exclusive Resorts
- Philippe Bourguignon is the new CEO at Exclusive Resorts
- The Eden Club at St Andrews is Exclusive Resorts Newest Location
- Exclusive Resorts Offers Non-Refundable Membership Plans
Latest Destination Club Research
- Time is the Ultimate Luxury
- Top 5 Reasons NOT to Join a Destination Club
- The Top 7 Reasons to Join a Destination Club
- Increasing Interest in Purchasing Access to a Shared Vacation Home
- Destination Clubs - a Rose by Any Other Name?
- Newly Updated Guide to Destination Clubs
- Portico Club Overview
- New Research Identifies Key Factors in Choosing a Destination Club