"Fractional ownership allows sailors to share costs as downturn bites" says the Independent newspaper, in an article on the keys trends at the 55th London Boat Show.
Or as the Independent puts it another way in the headline for the article "Now even the have-nots can have yachts, too"
The article interviews several boat builders and yacht charter companies as well as covering some of the costs of boat ownership. According to the article yacht charters have also seen a boost, because owners no longer want to put their money into owning a boat themselves.
"A standard £120,000 yacht will depreciate in value to about £100,000 after a year. Annual mooring costs are £7,000, maintenance at least £3,000, and insurance, usually £1,000." claims the newspaper.
See our table for a detailed list of fractional yacht companies.
|< Prev||Next >|
- The Curvelle Yacht Fractional Ownership Program
- Fractional Yacht Ownership in the Mediterranean
- Fractional Yacht Shares in Florida
- ViaMari Yacht Club Expands
- Norman Foster Designed YachtPlus Sets Sail
- Yacht Owners Seek Fractional Options
- SherpaReport Aboard the Lady Quintess
- The Global SuperYacht Club - Fractional Yachts Around the Globe
- Why Fractional Boat Ownership?
- Capella Yacht Club in Cabo San Lucas
- Fractional Yacht Programs
- Fractional Yachts and Boats an Overview
- Luxury Cruise Ship offers Fractional Ownership