There are many reasons to use private jets. The main general reasons that we hear most often are listed below. The specific pros and cons of the different forms of private aircraft travel are discussed in our articles on each travel type.
- Time saving - this is one of the most significant reasons for using private aircraft. Depending on your program you can have an aircraft ready in just a few hours. You can arrive at the airport just minutes before your scheduled departure time, fly directly to your destination (without any layovers), make productive use of your time onboard, avoid overnight stays (saving hotel $ as well as time), avoid waiting in lines at the airport, land at over 5,000 airports in the US and so be closer to your destination. All of this can provide significant savings in both productive time and in dollars. Productivity - the time savings above provide significantly more productive time, both onboard and before and after your flight. You and your staff can make the most of the travel time to talk business or work with customers, suppliers or partners.
- Convenience - There are over 5,000 airports in the US that private planes can use (vs 500 airports for larger commercial aircraft). This means you can often land closer to your true destination. In the summer of 2006 the ban on liquids caused all sorts of inconveniences for people flying commercially, but private flyers avoided all this. Private planes also mean that you can travel with your special belongings such as instruments, sports gear, product samples or bring your pet in the cabin.
- Flexibility - Planes can be available at a few hours notice and can wait for you if you're running late. It's even possible to change flight plans in mid flight if necessary.
- Quality of service - Private planes provide luxury furnishings, plenty of space, individualized attention, and your preferred food and drinks can be ordered ahead of time.
- Family time - spend more time with your friends and family by reducing travel time and not having to spend as many overnights away from home.
- Privacy - you can hold meetings and make productive use of your time, without being over heard. Your overall travel will also be far less visible when you're on a private plane, so helping preserve the secrecy around important negotiations or deals.
- Reduced stress - without the lines, waiting, lost luggage, transfers, delay concerns or security issues of commercial flights you'll be a lot more relaxed.
- Image - a private plane projects a well run, efficient, successful individual or organization, that values time and can afford private air travel.
|< Prev||Next >|
- When Fractional Isn’t the Way to Fly
- Private Jets Flock to the Super Bowl in Indianapolis
- How to Find a Jet Charter Broker
- Questions to Ask a Private Air Charter Service
- Private Aviation Companies Increase Fleets and Sales
- Flexjet 25 Jet Card Offers Limited Expert Guide Edition
- Executive AirShare Adds New Planes to Fractional Fleet
- AvantAir Offers Financing for Fractional Aircraft
- Fractional Jet Cards
- Commercial Airline Complaints - Make You Want to Fly Privately ?
- Air Charter and Jet Charters
- Fractional Jets Overview
- Fractional Aircraft Programs
Latest Aviation Research
- Comparing Private Jets to Commercial Airlines
- Supplemental Lift for Aircraft Owners
- How Much Luggage Space is in a Private Jet?
- How Much Does It Cost to Charter a Private Aircraft?
- Primer on Fractional Aircraft Contract Documents
- The New SherpaReport Guide to Private Aviation Helps Buyers Make Informed Decisions