The company recently launched Europe's first direct financing product for the fractional aircraft industry. This follows the successful launch of financing in the USA, which the company started in 2010.
"We are responding to increasing abandonment of aviation financing by banks and lending institutions. Finance is particularly needed in key markets like Eastern Europe and Russia, but will be available across all regions." stated Luis Pinto, CFO, NetJets Europe.
Customers need to make an initial 25% down payment, then finance the balance, with interest rates varying depending on the hours purchased. The structure lets an acquirer capitalize the acquisition on their balance sheet and write off depreciation.
"With the current economic climate, many businesses are working to avoid the large capital outlay traditionally associated with jet or even fractional jet ownership, especially given the scarcity of credit from the traditional lenders. However, corporates still need to fly to do business and remain competitive, and want the financial and tax benefits that leasing can't deliver." continued Luis Pinto.
The company claims that the finance model delivers significant savings compared to leasing on midsized jet options, and even greater reductions on larger cabin models.
- NetJets Supplemental Lift Assurance Program
- NetJets Places a Major Order for New Mid Size Jets
- The New Marquis Jet X-Country Card
- NetJets Partnership With Wynn Las Vegas
- Fractional Ownership of the Embraer Phenom 300
- Fast Citation X's Added to CitationAir Fleet
- Netjets Sees Growth in Fractional Aircraft Ownership
- NetJets Acquires Jet Card Provider Marquis Jet
- Net Jets Reveiwed by Financial Times
Latest Aviation Research
- Data Shows Charter Jet Rates Continue To Rise
- New Searchable Directory of All US Airports
- Guidelines for Flying Internationally on Private Aircraft
- New Business Jet Sales Up Slightly in 2013
- Drop in Used Business Jets for Sale in 2013
- How To Charter a Private Plane
- Understanding FAR Part 135
- Pricing of Jet A Fuel